Looking for a creative online internship? Join the Gladeo League, Gladeo's national college internship team!
Gladeo is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring and helping young people discover, navigate and achieve their dream careers by creating innovative multimedia career content and distributing it through the web and social media. We're looking for enthusiastic, passionate college students to join our Graphic Design Team, the Creators.
As a Graphic Designer, you will be designing digital art for Gladeo. The most prominent assignment in this team is Gladeographix: The Infographic Series, a monthly project based on careers on GladeoX.org. Check out the work our interns have produced on our Pinterest page. You will also be using your skills to make artwork for our blog and social media.
We want to help young people find and pursue their dream careers- let's start with yours.
- Create infographics of career profiles, distributed to over 36,000 guidance counselors and students as well as through social media
- Create graphics and design layouts for ads, flyers, email newsletters, blog, and social media accounts
- Collaborate with the marketing department and support campaigns with design solutions
- Learn from designers, how to apply design theory to marketing campaigns and advance techniques
- Ability to commit 7 hours per week/month 6 month commitment
- Prior experience creating graphics and a solid grasp of design concepts
- In college or 1 year out of college
- Studying graphic design or related major
- Be detail-oriented
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Be able to meet deadlines
- Be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
- Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
- Be a self-starter with a team player attitude
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goals
- Comfort working in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Be able to legally work in the United States
- Receive school credit, though exceptions can be made
- Sharpen your design skills while gaining real world experience
- Collaborate with other designers
- Create design assets for your portfolio that will be used/seen by thousands of people
- Work flexibly from home with weekly check-ins via Google Hangout
- Work for a mission-driven organization and make a positive impact by helping young people discover, navigate, and achieve their dream careers
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date posted:
- Resume with relevant experience
- Portfolio of graphic design examples (minimum of two)
- 1-2 References (recommended, not required)