Join Gladeo League Productions! We are creating engaging and inspiring video content that helps young people find and pursue their dream careers!
As an intern, you will be creating video content about working professionals in a wide variety of careers. You will be contributing to our “Virtual Career Day”, an online portal where guidance counselors and students learn about the vast array of careers from our ever-growing library of content. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about bringing stories to life through all stages of the production process.
We will be partnering with large corporations to highlight the various careers within their company. Shoots will take place at the company’s offices. These videos will live not only on Gladeo’s website, and YouTube Channel and marketed via Gladeo’s social media channels and newsletter (over 40,000 subscribers), but they will also live on the corporation’s website and will be marketed via their social media platforms as well as all on all of our non-profit partner websites. We are adding more and more distribution partners daily because inspiring and engaging career videos are in high demand in the education world.
Over 1000+ educational institutions and non-profits currently use our online resources to help students find and pursue their dream career. You will be part of creating resources that guidance counselors use to inspire and expose their students to the vast world of possibilities, not just the ones in their community and to empower their students to make informed decisions about their future.
The Production Team is in charge of the Gladeo League's video projects. Roles include:
Directors - Responsible (along with the producer) of conceptualization, filming and editing (or managing the editing) of the video content. (Portfolio & Requirements: Must be studying film production, live in the Los Angeles area, and submit a solid, original reel.)
Editors - Responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. (Portfolio & Requirements: Must live in the Los Angeles area and submit a solid, original reel of your work)
Audio Engineers & Composers - In charge of all audio aspects of video projects which may include mastering/mixing, music composition, working with voice over talent, sound effects, and more. (Portfolio & Requirements: Submit a diverse portfolio of your work, ideally samples from composed music, voice overs, sound effects, etc.)
Industry Advisors will be leading a weekend training with a strong focus on authentic storytelling, video production and editing, impactful still photography and content marketing. They will also be present to guide and answer questions during the production process.
Gabor Harrach - Gabor is a television and digital media executive, writer and producer who has created and executive produced more than 20 reality and documentary formats, which aired on significant European and North American outlets and won distinguished TV and documentary awards. Beginning in 2009, Harrach served as the head of entertainment, editorial and culture departments at Red Bull Media House. Here, he oversaw the creation of a vast portfolio of digital assets, series and documentaries that enabled Red Bull to globally distribute and monetize its content. Since 2016, Harrach has been consulting multiple global media, technology and CPG brands on digital content and platform strategy. In 2017, he joined the jury of the Cannes Lions Festival of International Creativity.
Tyler Gillet, Directory of Photography Advisor - Tyler is a film, television and new media writer, director, producer and cinematographer based in Los Angeles. One of the founding members of the filmmaking collective Radio Silence, his recent film credits include the 2012 Sundance hit "V/H/S," 20th Century Fox's "Devil's Due" and The Orchard's "Southbound." He currently has feature projects in development at Fox Searchlight and Rough House Pictures. In addition to his film credits, he has sold three television shows -- a horror anthology to NBC, an action comedy to Comedy Central, and an adventure show to Disney XD. Tyler got his start working with the online comedy group Chad, Matt & Rob whose work has garnered over 100 Million total views on YouTube.
Alicia Cho, Production Management Advisor - Alicia is a member of the Directors Guild of America as a 2nd Assistant Director. She was accepted into the prestigious Assistant Directors Training Program through the DGA and Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers. She has worked on scripted television such as The Office, Castle and 90210 and also feature films such as Oliver Stone’s Savages.
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere Pro and Photoshop, and be proficient with DSLR cameras, sound/lighting equipment.
- 3-6 month commitment, though exceptions can be made
- In college or 1 year out of college.
- Studying film, video production, or a related major
- Be detail-oriented
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Be able to meet deadlines
- Be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision.
- Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required.
- Be a self-starter with a team player attitude Excellent communication skills—written and oral (must have a professional and courteous demeanor).
- Be able to legally work in the United States
- Receive school credit, though exceptions can be made.
- Recieve a small stipend per project
- Get hands on experience creating engaging video content
- Learn from mentors in the media/entertainment industry
- Network with professionals from a variety of industries, allowing you to form relationships that you can build on in the future
- Work for a mission-driven organization and make a positive impact by helping young people discover, navigate, and achieve their dream careers
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date posted:
- Resume with relevant experience
- Portfolio of work
- 1-2 References