Join the Gladeo League, Gladeo's national college internship team, as a reporter!
As a League Reporter, you will be interviewing working professionals in a wide variety of industries to write career profiles and career stories. You will be contributing to our “Virtual Career Day”, an online portal where guidance counselors and students learn about the vast array of careers from our ever-growing library of content.
Our career exploration website, www.gladeoX.org, currently receives over 35,000 monthly unique users and your content will also be distributed through our newsletter which has over 40,000 subscribers with over 100 subscribers signing up per day. Over 1000+ educational institutions currently use our online resources. You will be part of creating resources that guidance counselors use to inspire and expose their students to the vast world of possibilities, not just the ones in their community and to empower their students to make informed decisions about their future.
Jo Kwon, Reporter/Anchor for KFI News, will be our industry advisor. You will go through a training session with the industry advisor and Gladeo staff. The industry advisor will also give general feedback on your work.
We want to help young people find and pursue their dream careers- let's start with yours.
Jo Kwon - Reporter/Anchor/Fill-in Host for KFI AM 640 since February of 2012. She also is the station's first multi-media journalist producing videos stories for the station's website. She started her career as the Morning Anchor and Reporter at KVTA Newstalk 1520 in Ventura. Then she went online to become the VJ/Host and Supervising Producer of 20th Century Fox's "Atomic News", a daily online news show aimed at 17-24 year olds. The next stop was KNX 1070 Newsradio. After about a month as a News Assistant, she was promoted to Producer of Money 101 and special features. She won two Golden Mikes for her work with KNX. But her true passion is on-air work. Thanks to a few mentors who truly believed in her talents, she was hired to be the General Assignment Reporter at KABC 790 in March of 2009. She has won two Golden Mikes for her stories at KABC Radio. When she's not reporting, you can often find her surfing in the Pacific and beyond or running miles along the coast.
- Interviewing 5-7 professionals per month
- Writing engaging career profiles and stories
- Pitching potential careers to include on the website
- Pitching potential career related articles for our blog and shape our content strategy and development
- Ability to commit 7 hours per week/month
- 3-6 month commitment, though exceptions can be made
- Past experience writing for an online or print publication preferred, but not required
- In college or 1 year out of college
- Studying journalism, broadcast journalism, public relations or related major.
- Be detail-oriented
- Be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Be able to meet deadlines
- Be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
- Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
- Be a self-starter with a team player attitude
- Excellent communication skills—written and oral (must have a professional and courteous demeanor)
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Be able to legally work in the United States
- Receive school credit, though exceptions can be made
- Sharpen your writing and reporting skills while gaining online journalism experience
- Work flexibly from home around your own schedule
- Network with professionals from a variety of industries, allowing you to form relationships that you can build on in the future
- Work for a mission-driven organization and make a positive impact by helping young people discover, navigate, and achieve their dream careers
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date posted:
- Resume with relevant experience
- Portfolio of writing samples (preferably, including an interview)
- 1-2 References (recommended, not required)